What do you think? How would you feel?
Archive for April 2014
Science and Technology 11: Agriculture
|Rylie, Marshall and Janelle: Genetics and Genetically Modified Organisms Debate
Salem, Dani and Brock: Meat and poultry production within Canada and internationally. Debate
|Toni, Shayla and Rebecca: Local and First Nations Food Production Public Service Announcement|
|Mike, Kelly and Iliana: Vegetable and Dairy production within Canada and around the world. Newscast|
|Josh, Eamon and Dylan: Local and international farming technologies and transportation. Newscast|
Components to include
- Local information vs. another
- Note water and soil management
- Anything genetically modified?
- Any new varieties?
- What safety standards are there?
- How is it processed and produced
- Organic vs. non-organic considerations
- Ethical concerns (slaughtering, pesticides, fertilizers, antibiotics)
- Has the production of this product changed over time?
- Technology involved
Project Due Date: April 29th
Citing Resources (MLA Style Please)
You have submitted a list of peers that you would like to work with. I have placed you into groups of three, one of the people in your groups is someone from your list, unless you did not submit your list!
Once in your groups, you will need to establish a working group agreement. If you do not comply with what you have agreed to, you may be fired from your team as everyone else is counting on you. Here are some essential forms and information to help us all understand how PBL works in an effective way (resources from Thom Markham):
Please make sure to establish the following:
- What topic are you all interested in and then create an inquiry question;
- what are you going to do if you are away sick? How are you going to contribute that day?
- where is your team going to store resources?
- how are you going to decide on an end project as a team?
- what key roles are people going to play?
I am trying to find a secure place for you to work within your groups and we are going to try out my.sd62.bc.ca
Once you have your project groups established please go to the above link and post your inquiry questions within your selected category (on left side of page). The aim for this space is for your group to have a space to work collaboratively even if you are away / at home for the day.
Please watch the video and then write a reflection on your blogs about “The importance of soil and water management to agriculture”.